Hey you beautiful souls! Happy New Year to everyone, pray all is going well with you so far. For my first time visitors, welcome to I Am Petite Latoya. I hope you find something great here, and would return for even more. To everyone else, WELCOME BACK!!
Well, it snowed here in Atl, and I finally found time to write my first blog post of the year. YAY! Better late than never. Today is just a simple post to kick off an amazing 2017 year.
I wanted to start the year out right by issuing a challenge to my readers in finding One Word. New year’s resolutions have never been a thing of mine, neither has goals or anything else. I’m starting to finally realize how important it is to have goals though! Last year I came across a devotion in the Bible app called One Word That Will Change Your Life. So glad that I did. For some, you have written resolutions in the past that has only lead to frustration and failure. We stray due to lack of encouragement, self-discipline, or the task seemed so far-fetched that we give up before we even try.
The old me would easily get side tracked, and come up with every excuse as to why I couldn’t complete a task. However, coming across this devotion actually helped me persevere during my difficult times last year. I have faith that my word “VICTORY” that I’ve chosen this year will help me overcome any roadblocks that try to deter me from my goals.
So, why one word you may ask? By having one word, it helps keep everything you’re trying to accomplish simplified. You can use that one word to center around your goals for the current month, quarter, or year. It can even get creative ideas flowing for goal setting. This word may even change your whole outlook on life for the better, who knows.
💡Some things to think about when choosing your Word:
- Why? Why are you choosing this word? It is more important than the what.
- Take time to pray or meditate on that word. (This may take some time, but it will be worth it.)
- Tell an accountability partner. This could be your spouse or another family member or friend. Having an accountability partner will help keep you on track and focused on what you’re trying to ultimately achieve.
- Create a vision board for your word, and surround it with pictures that embody it.
- Place your word anywhere your eyes may travel. I placed mine on the home screen on my phone, so that every time I picked it up I was reminded.
Decide on your one word for the year and put it in the comments below. Until next time
xoxo Petite Latoya💜