Strength, Courage, Wisdom + Streetstyle

“Inside my head there lives a dream that I want to see in the sun/Behind my eyes there lives a me that I’ve been hiding for much too long/’Cause
I’m scared of the judgement that may follow/Always putting off my living for tomorrow/It’s time to step out on faith, I’ve gotta show my faith/ It’s been illusive for so long, but freedom is mine today/I’ve gotta step out on faith, It’s time to show my faith/Procrastination had me down but look what I have found, I found/Strength, courage, and wisdom/And it’s been inside of me all along/Strength, courage, and wisdom/ Inside of me” ~ India Arie (Strength, Courage, & Wisdom song lyrics)

Thank you beautiful souls so much for taking time out of your day to stop by and read my blog.

So, this year I have made a choice that I would live my life by the theme of One Word. I’ve decided that in order to help drive that theme home I would add an anthem aka a theme song. That song is “Strength, Courage, and Wisdom” from India Arie’s Acoustic Soul Album released for those looking to express themselves. As I listened to this song traveling back to Georgia from Mississippi, I felt a sense of empowerment come over me. You know, I’ve heard this song played hundreds of times, but for some reason on this particular occasion it caught my attention like never before. We are all in a place where we’re continuously looking and trying to find ourselves, or trying to figure out who we really are. So, this year while everyone else is resolving to become a “new me.” I am going against the grain and choosing to have the Strength to just “Be Me”.

Believe it or not for far too long, I’ve hidden my true self from others for fear of judgment. Playing small and avoiding conflicts as much as possible to remain in a place of comfort. Wanting to be taken seriously, and wanting my voice to be heard in this overcrowded world. As I sat in the car listening to this powerful song, I knew in 2017 that I was not going to allow those insecurities hold me back any longer. I am going to have the Courage to stand up and be me. I know it won’t be easy and I know some days of harder than others. But I know that Wisdom comes with growth.

I’ve found the strength and courage to step out on faith. And it’s time that we all find that within ourselves. Why should we hide what has been fearfully and wonderfully made? Put on this earth to shine so that we could be an inspiration to someone else. Our Creator took precious time in making something so great, and it’s time for us to start acting like it. Our past or present situations don’t and shouldn’t dictate our future. Let’s be strong, courageous, and work diligently to gain wisdom from this point forward.

Let me know some things that have kept you from having any of these; strength, courage and/or wisdom. Drop a note in the comments below. Together we can build each other up and achieve our dreams.

Until next time

xoxo Petite Latoya 💜

18 thoughts on “Strength, Courage, Wisdom + Streetstyle

1. keeliann says:

I love this … Having the strength to just be ! That is something that hits home so much for me. I have been lost in a world wrapped up in everyone and everything else. It really does take courage, strength, and wisdom to just be you. You are truly inspirational and gorgeous ! Love the street style 😉!

Liked by 1 person

2. Tondra says:

I love this!!!! I can connect to these words and so many ways!! Stepping out on faith will be the best things I have ever done!!! It’s still early but I know I have made the right decisions to live my life because I was blessed with one!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Liked by 1 person

• iampetitelatoya says:

Aww thank you so much Tondra(Roomie)! I’m so glad that you stopped by and read it, and was able to connect. Yes it will be, that’s the best part. If you don’t step out you miss out on so much. I can’t wait to see and hear how the blessings come rolling in once you’ve stepped out. Some days will be hard, but persevere it will pay off!! Love you girl 😘

3. Jenn says:

Girl, you are such a good woman. You said/wrote this so well, you have a talent. I struggle with this daily. Between motherhood, the navy, and the ways of the world I try to make everyone happy almost always forgetting about myself. I need to just be me and not worry about what others think. People will love us regardless and if they dont oh well. Its a hard lesson to learn and teach. I need to work on this and lead by example. Love you sis, keep on writing and I will be reading. Thank you for lifting me up today! 😚

Liked by 1 person

• iampetitelatoya says:

Aww Sis this just made my night.. It’s so important, because if you’re not at your best who else will step in. Your daughter is watching, and she needs to see that regardless of what it’s ok to be her. We let people dictate so much in our lives that we become dependent on it! 2017 is a year of victory and living out our truths! You got this, and I will encourage however whenever! Love you 😘

4. pinkandgabulous says:

This is great! I love that you’re finding the strength and courage to just “be you”. Trust that the world needs whatever it is that you have been holding back. Proud of you, girl. An I’m loving this street style you got going on, especially the red kicks! xo